NSPL Service Level Management benefits are:
- IT services meant to meet Customer’s Demands
- Improved relationships with satisfied Clients
- Parties to SLAs and Underpinning Agreements have a clearer view of tasks and responsibilities, assisting to avoid potential errors or omissions
- Specific targets to plan for and against which service quality can be regulated, controlled and reported
- IT effort is concentrated on those areas that the Business thinks are key
- IT and Clients have a clear and constant expectation of the level of service required
- Service monitoring enables weak areas to be recognized so that remedial actions can be identified and undertaken where appropriate
- Service monitoring enables the performance of suppliers (internal and external) to be assessed and maintained
- SLAs can be utilized as a source for service charging and help explain the value for money Clients are receiving
Benefits of ITIL Service Level Management
Efficient SLM can produce significant financial savings by managing improvements in service quality and decreasing service disruption. This should lead to less time and effort being spent by IT staff in solving failures. Clients and users should be able to perform their business roles with much less disturbance caused by IT service issues.
Over time there should be changes in service quality and an overall decline in the value of service provision, so Service Level Management should be high on the list of things to get right!