The purpose of incident management is to replace regular service operation as fast as possible and moderate the negative impact on business operation, thus making sure that the approved levels of service quality sustained.
Incident management includes any incident which interrupts, or something informed directly by clients through an interface from event management to incident management software or through the service desks.
Value of NSPL incident management
- Ability to lessen the risk of unplanned costs and labour for both IT support and business staff
- Capability to detect and resolve incidents, which in turn results in lower downtime to the industry, which means increased accessibility of the service
- Ability to line up IT activity to real-time business priority
- Ability to identify the potential areas of development
- Incident Management Policies
- Incidents and their status should be reporting on time.
- Incidents resolution must be within the timeframes acceptable to the company.
- Maintaining client satisfaction is very important.
- Incident processing and handling should be in contour with overall service levels and objectives.
- All incidents must be stored and managed in a single management system.
- All incidents should subscribe to a standard schema which is consistent across the company enterprise.
- All incident records should be an audit at regular intervals to make sure that entries are correctly categorized.
Objectives of Navigator Incident Management
The key objectives of the incident management process here as follows:
Ensure that standardized methods and procedures used for prompt and efficient reporting of incidents, response, analysis, documentation and ongoing management.
Improve the visibility and communication of incidents
Enhance the business perception of IT with the help of a specialized approach, so that incidents will be resolve and reported quickly
Line up incident management activity and prioritize them properly
Improve and maintain user satisfaction without losing the quality of IT service