NSPL known for its unique ITSM offerings which include end-to-end services focusing on enhancing Customer Delight and Service Experience by building on-the-go next generation solutions with new technologies like AI and automation
NSPL Services offers ITSM solutions that run across the entire service life cycle, from advisory to implementation to managed services and support. That also puts a strong emphasis on expanding ITSM offering outside the IT department and into new enterprise departments like HR, project portfolio, and finance
The Configuration Management Database or CMDB have been a foundational element of IT service management.
Visit NSPL Solution Center page to learn how our team can help you.
Phone: +91 080 25307537/ 38/ 49 Sales: +91 9986288377 Email: email@example.com
Why to have CMDB?
- Having a trusted data source with a rich set of relational information provides organizations with decision-making capabilities to support more efficient operations,
- Better user experiences and
- Proactive mitigation of risk
We have no shortage of services, technologies and service management platforms that support and rely on the CMDB.
A CMDB has the capabilities it enables, continues to be an important goal for organizations, even more so now considering the impact of digital transformation.
Avoiding CMDB Failure
We have industry standards and frameworks with the CMDB as a key, and we have proper mix of services and technologies that support and rely on the CMDB. In fact, our CMDB implementations never fail.
Our experience over the past 25 years as an IT service management (ITSM) practitioner and as a consultant we have validated this. Companies looking to mature their IT organizations are often failed to face the operational efficiencies service management practices without a properly functioning CMDB ― so why the high failure rate?
Successful CMDB Initiatives
- Determine how to plan to use the CMDB.
- Populate the CMDB with plan or design to support with what is important for company.
- Start with use case will help to develop a CMDB plan that includes what data is needed, where it’s coming from and how to build it in the CMDB.
- In our consulting practice, numerous organizations get into trouble early on by “turning on” discovery or loading data without a plan and then later realizing that they have more data than they can use or manage.
- Keep the CMDB up to date.
- Discovery tools will never keep the CMDB up to date. Discovery tools play role in data management and configuration management that includes processes and governance to ensure value realization.
- One of my recurring consulting themes was to help clients build a configuration management operating model that had intense focus only on the data needed to support the outcomes desired for the data they could manage.
- Data that managed cannot be excluded. The tendency is to put data in the CMDB now and figure out how to keep it accurate later. This always leads to unreliable data that directly impacts the effectiveness of the CMDB.
- Maintain data ownership and organizational Purchase.
- CMDB data is only as good as the organizational commitment to keeping it accurate.
- CMDBs often fail because a small team of individuals are tasked with managing a large amount of data from disparate sources of which they have little understanding or control.
- Soon after initial data loads and configurations are completed, the data begins to go stale because the team responsible for maintaining accuracy has little visibility or understanding of what good should look like.
- Federated data ownership is the key. Data owners in each data domain become part of the solution to manage and govern the critical data needed and they have a critical role in keeping the data accurate.
Upfront planning and design activities, along with a configuration management process and governance, are absolutely critical to success. Getting organizational buy-in and shifting the culture to treat data as a precious commodity are necessary ingredients for long-term success.
A CMDB Partner
NSPL Services can help you get your organization on the path to CMDB value. We have a team of experts that have helped organizations big and small increase the accuracy and use of the CMDB to support organizational goals and outcomes.
Sales: +91 9986288377